Validating PCI compliance means that you’re taking the right steps to protect your business. But, no matter what steps you take, there is no such thing as 100 percent security.
What would you do if your system was breached? Our Breach Assist program protects you from certain financial losses that can result from a suspected or actual cardholder data breach at your business.
With Breach Assist, you’re provided an indemnification waiver against losses of up to $100,000 per breached merchant location and up to $500,000 per data breach incident.*
Breach Assist helps with critical breach related expenses such as:
- Forensic audit expenses
- Card replacement and monitoring costs
- Card-brand fines
- Account data compromise recovery costs
The program also includes up to $25,000 for post-breach hardware and software upgrades that involve investment in new payment card industry technologies such as EMV dual interface terminals, point-to-point encryption solutions and tokenization solutions.
*Vantiv is not an insurance company and Breach Assist is not insurance. Breach Assist provides a contractual indemnity waiver for amounts the merchant would otherwise be obligated to reimburse/indemnify Vantiv and is subject to the terms and conditions of participation in the program.
The cost of a data security breach can vary depending on the size and duration of the compromise, but it could easily be enough to jeopardize your business if you don’t have a program in place to help with your expenses in the event of a breach. Breach Assist can help with the following expenses:
Forensic Audit Expenses
- Cost associated with the mandatory third party forensic investigation required by the card associations for suspected or confirmed breaches.
- General cost range: $8,000 to $20,000 for Level 4 merchants involving a single location.
Card Replacement & Monitoring Costs
- Issuer cost associated with compromised card replacement or account monitoring to watch for potential fraud.
- General cost range: $3 to $5 per card replacement.
- Association non-compliance fines that may be assessed depending on the size of the business and circumstances that led to the breach.
- General fine range: $5,000 to upwards of $500,000.
Account Data Compromise Recovery Costs
- Issuer fraud loss recovery from fraudulent transactions attributable to the compromise.
- General cost range: Can vary depending on the size and scale of the breach.
Learn what Vantiv can do for your business.
Call 866-622-2880 or submit our contact form.
Concerned about Card Data Security?
Learn how to respond to a data security breach.Download PDF