At Worldpay, we’re working to inspire the next generation of bright minds to pursue a career in STEM fields, particularly information technology.
Designed to kindle passion and develop the talent of collegiate students, Worldpay’s TechBright program endeavors to increase the number of students - especially women - who are pursuing degrees related to the fast growing technology sector.
It’s a public-private partnership with universities and colleges that reflects an investment in our collective future.
For more information please email us at email@example.com.
Ways we engage and invest in students:
- Financially assisting colleges and universities launch and support programs designed to recruit women and students with diverse, non-technical backgrounds to pursue technology related degrees.
- Leveraging the Financial Technology (FinTech) expertise of Worldpay employees to inspire students, including FinTech Bootcamps and technology roundtables on campus.
- Sponsoring or participating in collegiate hackathons, case studies, or senior projects.
- Connecting students interested in technology and FinTech to each other on campus and across the country through our developer resource platform: https://developer.vantiv.com/
- Technology mentorships with Worldpay IT leaders and participation by students in Worldpay’s internship programs.
Our University Partners
Worldpay currently partners with five universities providing financial scholarships and other support programs as well as engaging with students on campus through hackathons, mentorships, and educational programs.
Miami University – Oxford, OH
- Worldpay’s generous financial support of Miami University is being shared between the College of Information Systems & Analytics and the College of Computer Science through scholarships
- Worldpay and Miami University in Oxford, OH, partner in a strong, mutually beneficial Co-Op intern program, immersing students in a FinTech environment and preparing them for future careers.
- Worldpay employees, which include many Miami alumni, serve as mentors by participating in and leading various events. In addition, Worldpay is a proud sponsor of Data Fest in the Center for Analytics and Data Science.
University of Cincinnati – Cincinnati, OH
- Worldpay’s generous financial support of UC is being shared between the College of Engineering & Applied Science and funds the College of Education, School of Information Technology through scholarships.
- Worldpay and UC partner in a strong, mutually beneficial Co-Op intern program, immersing students in a FinTech environment and preparing them for future careers.
- Worldpay employees, which include UC alumni, serve as mentors by participating in and leading various events such as, a UC Women in Technology Information Session, a UC Society of Women Engineers Info Session, Revolution UC Hackathon and the UC IT Expo
University of Colorado – Denver, CO
- Worldpay supported a mentoring program. This innovative initiative will funded graduate mentor fellowships, partnering undergrad computer science students with experienced graduate students. The younger students received ongoing academic support and preparation for future jobs, while the graduate students enhanced their teaching skills in preparation for faculty appointments. Worldpay employees also served as additional mentors providing guidance in professionalism and communication skills.
- Worldpay employees served on academic advisory boards and have served as judges for CU’s Department of Computer Science and Engineering Senior Design Competition.
Northeastern University – Boston, MA
- Worldpay underwrites two ALIGN Scholarships, benefitting graduate students pursuing an MS in Computer Science ALIGN, a program specifically tailored to students with diverse educational backgrounds.
- Worldpay sponsors a strong Co-Op intern program with Northeastern’s College of Computer and Information Science and actively recruits on campus.
- Worldpay employees from our Lowell site participate in hackathons and roundtable discussions to engage with and inspire students.
Ft. Lewis College – Durango, CO
- Worldpay sponsored a computer engineering projects fund to benefit student research and prototyping in the newly launched Computer Engineering degree program.
- This fund also helped in the establishment of a program where Worldpay’s employees provided experience to students who want to learn more about the payments industry.
Our Developer Platform
Worldpay’s developer resource platform is a space for student to learn how to code for payments, connect with other students, and discover what it takes to build a career in payments. It hosts a monthly “Ask a Recruiter” series in collaboration with HR, as well as a rotating calendar of Worldpay’s college & university career fair events.