CINCINNATI, October 12, 2016 – Vantiv, Inc. (NYSE: VNTV), a leading provider of payment processing services and related technology solutions for merchants and financial institutions of all sizes, announced today it is sponsoring the Money20/20 Hackathon in Las Vegas, October 22-23, and urging developers to take the Vantiv challenge. The Vantiv team challenges developers to try to solve one of the world’s grandest problems – global warming, food growth/distribution, space travel, medicine, education, inclusion, sustainability, etc., and build an app that uses Vantiv O.N.E. (One Network Experience) to make it happen.
“This year we are asking the 800 developing teams to focus on trying to solve the big, global issues facing the world today, using technology and commerce,” said Matt Ozvat, head of developer integrations at Vantiv. “We value passion at Vantiv and want to reward the developing team who can do the most during this Hackathon to improving life in some way – big or small. We can’t wait to see how these bright and creative developers will push the envelope.”
Vantiv will provide teams that accept its challenge hardware, which is theirs to keep, to trigger their creativity, including:
- Amazon Echo – Learn to simplify payments using your brainwaves to solve challenges rather than type commands.
- Nao robot – Robots will obviously be a useful tool in solving any grand challenge.
- Sphero – What can you do to change the world with a simple, programmable, ball?
- Cubelets – Use these stackable, programmable blocks to conquer a difficult challenge.
“Because we are a leader in technology innovation, we are back for the fifth year to sponsor Money20/20 and to coach and nurture teams at the Hackathon helping them develop the next successful product,” added Ozvat.
Vantiv also has a booth (#1020) at Money20/20, one of the largest events focusing on payments and financial services innovation, to demonstrate how the company is making payments smarter, faster and easier for partners and their customers. All are invited to these Fireside Chats in the Vantiv booth to hear more about the trends in payments innovation.
Fireside Chats - Monday October 24:
- 2 p.m. Pacific Time – Karen Webster, CEO at PYMNTS.com, “Time Travel: Taking Us into the Future of Payments.”
- 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time – Steve Klebe, business development, Google, “Android Pay – Presenting Opportunities for Today and Tomorrow.”
Tuesday October 25:
- 10 a.m. Pacific Time – Tom Villante, chairman and CEO, YapStone, “Accelerating Payments Facilitation: Trends, Tactics and More.”
- 11 a.m. Pacific Time – Jordan McKee, senior analyst at Research 451, “Payments: Exploring Evolutions and Complexities.”
- 1 p.m. Pacific Time – Hitesh Anand, vice president of product, Verifone, “Connecting Commerce and Small Business.”
Vantiv will also have a showcased speaking engagement at Money20/20.
Matt Taylor, Group President, Integrated Payments and Emerging Channels
Wednesday, October 26 at 8-8:50 a.m. Pacific Time
Title: “POS, Processing and Open Platforms”
Description: For a small business owner, the ka-ching of the cash register has long been the sound of music—but today’s SMBs demand payment solutions that put security first, integrate with accounting systems for better control over cash flow, enable new innovations like mobile payments and link to POS systems for real-time information about inventory and customers. Hear from industry leaders on the challenges of providing SMBs with payments solutions for today’s multichannel consumer that work just as well in the back office as at the front of the store.
Please visit Vantiv ONE to learn more on how to get started and prepared for the hackathon. Participants are encouraged to take part in the TechTribe community and ask questions to help them prepare. Our experts will also be available online to answer questions. Visit the site to learn more: https://developer.vantiv.com/community/hackathon.
Vantiv, Inc. (NYSE: VNTV) is a leading payment processor differentiated by an integrated technology platform. Vantiv offers a comprehensive suite of traditional and innovative payment processing and technology solutions to merchants and financial institutions of all sizes, enabling them to address their payment processing needs through a single provider. We build strong relationships with our customers, helping them become more efficient, more secure and more successful. Vantiv is the second largest merchant acquirer and the largest PIN debit acquirer based on number of transactions in the U.S. The company's growth strategy includes expanding further into high-growth channels and verticals, including integrated payments, eCommerce, and merchant bank. Visit us at www.vantiv.com, or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.