Picture this: you’re a major retailer that has recently added encryption to your point of sale devices to make sure that your card data is protected. All is well, or so you think. Then, your company is hit with a data breach because hackers were able to install malware and steal credit card data from the POS devices during authorization attempts.
It wasn’t until months later when a third party investigating the breach determined that the built-in encryption was not enabled on many of your devices. All of the unencrypted card data was stolen and sold, putting you and your customers at risk.
This is just one example of the vulnerabilities that may be lurking in your business. How can you know ahead of time when there are issues with your encryption solution? You turn to Worldpay’s ARMed solution.
Most breaches take seven months to identify and another two to three months to correct. The fallout can be catastrophic for any business, in terms of brand damage and rectification costs that can reach millions of dollars.
But with Worldpay ARMed, you have another layer of defense for your cyber security strategy. This threat detection service is designed to ensure your encryption solution is working effectively at implementation and throughout the life of the terminal.
ARMed also uses best-in-class monitoring, detection, and alerting capabilities to notify you of potential security incidents, so you can take swift, corrective action. Following are a few other key features:
- Provides real-time dashboard and monitoring of card-present transactions to identify failure conditions or potential malicious activities
- Actively logs events for you via the iQ portal
- Hosts and stores transactional record events for you; Worldpay backs up your data with no data deletion or overwriting
- Is hardware agnostic, including Ingenico, Pax, Verifone and any other POI hardware
- Is encryption method agnostic, including 3DES, VTP or any other method that Worldpay decrypts on RAFT
- Monitors an unlimited amount of terminals at all of your locations
- Requires nothing to install or download
In today’s world, protecting card data is a major focus for business. However, relying on encryption as the only defense is no longer enough. It’s time to get ARMed so you know of any issue before they become a national headline.
“Payment terminal encryption failures could be the result of improper configuration, faulty terminals, or a malicious attack. Clients utilizing Worldpay’s ARMed solution can pinpoint where encryption is failing in real time, and ensure their cardholder data is secure.” COALFIRE P2PE QSA