How do I know what type of terminal I'm using?
Your terminal type is very important when understanding functionality, EMV card acceptance, downloads and support. Below are a couple of examples of how to identify your terminal type:
Just above the upper right hand corner of the screen is the model number Vx520. If the terminal has 4 LED’s at the top of the unit then the terminal has contactless communications (for Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc). Verifone Vx520 Terminal Download Instructions are located in your customer portal at accessmyiq.com.
Just below the screen located in the middle is the model number iCT220 or iCT 250
Update Terminal Time & Date
Verifone VX680, VX520 (except Cash Advance)
- Press [Enter]
- Press F2 for Setup
- If prompted, key in the password 1 Alpha Alpha 6 6 8 3 1 then press the green [Enter] key; otherwise, continue to step 4.
- Press [Scroll Down] (Far Left Purple Button under the Down Arrow on the screen) four times.
- Press F1 for Date/Time
- Key in the correct date in MM/DD/YYYY format then press the green [Enter] key.
- Key in the correct time in HH:MM:SS format (in Military Time, use 00 for seconds) then press the green [Enter] key.
- Press the red [Cancel] key until you return to the main screen.
- From the idle prompt or screen saver, Press the [F] key
- If prompted, Key in Admin Password then press [Enter]
- Select “TELIUM MANAGER”
- Select “Initialization”
- Select “Parameters”
- Select “Date and Time”
- Select from the following options as needed:
- Set Date: key in date in the format displayed then press [Enter] to return to Date and Time menu
- Set Time: Key in time in 24 hour (military) format then press [Enter] to return to the Date and Time menu.
- 00:00 to 23:59 are acceptable values
- Date Format: Choose between the following formats then press [Enter] accept change and return to Initialization Menu.
- Once all necessary changes have been made, Press [Cancel] until you return to the idle prompt.
Terminal Quick Reference Guides
Check out our video support
Our video library is available to help answer some of our most frequently asked questions from merchants. From EMV acceptance to terminal troubleshooting, it’s all right at your fingertips.