Nurses With Heart Home Care – Santa Fe, NM
Nurses With Heart Home Care
Years in Business: Since 2010
Quote: We don’t want to change your life. We want to transform it.
Nurses With Heart Home Care:
Nurses With Heart Home Care offers quality, client focused in-home health care in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Nurses With Heart delivers "Healing Hearts and Helping Hands" through qualified and caring Registered Nurses (RNs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), and Certified Nurses Assistants (CNAs).
Career before this business:
Prior to co-founding Nurses With Heart, CEO Carolyn Moore served as Director of Programs for the Alzheimer’s Association in El Paso, Texas. Chief Nursing Officer, Elais Ponton has worked as a Registered Nurse (RN) in high acuity hospital settings, a community hospice and a home health agency focused on mental health conditions.
Why start this business:
Santa Fe has a large and growing population of seniors. Carolyn and Elais started Nurses With Heart in 2010 after recognizing the need for a very different kind of in-home care in Santa Fe County. Carolyn and Elias’ experience offered deep insight into how Nurses With Heart could provide a higher level of home care that was thoughtfully tailored to each client’s individual needs, preferences and lifestyles.
Initially, when the business was started 7 years ago, people were uncomfortable with private nursing care as they believed insurance and Medicare would cover the nursing and personal care needed. However, the medical care provided by insurance agencies only covers a short period of time and limited hours per day. Gradually, clients recognized the value of private nursing care, especially when combining with light home cleaning and personal care, such as grooming and feeding.
Now, the business is growing fast with the huge demand for care givers that it’s becoming a challenge to hire quality care givers.
- The service provided creates enriching relationships that make a real difference in people’s lives. It empowers them by facilitating transitions from hospital to home and teaching them how to effectively manage their own care.
- It’s a win-win. Nurses With Heart provides career opportunities for local nursing school students and graduates, and the school provides ongoing training to Nurses With Heart employees.
- Also very exciting to Elias is learning new skills to help run the business, including accounting, payments, business management, and home inspection.
Successful marketing promotion to attract new customers:
- nurseswithheart.com, which includes a blog, is their primary channel for leads
- Twitter is a great way to share health-related articles and updates
- Word of mouth referrals are critically important and helpful in this industry
- Network and industry events such as healthcare and career fairs enable NWH to get in front of the public, putting a caring face with a name
- Business associations, such as Chamber of Commerce, are another good opportunity to get in front of the public
- Partnership with other healthcare providers and insurance agencies provide a smooth transition for patients needing care
What differentiates Nurses With Heart Home Care
- Nurses With Heart is the only “one-stop” private home health agency providing both personal and nursing services in the comfort, privacy and safety of client’s home.
- Nurses With Heart is a pioneer in “matchmaking-based” home health care, in which clients and caregivers are paired based on shared interests.
- Nurses With Heart offers highly flexible assistance to clients, ranging from nurturing companionship to light housekeeping to personal care to skilled nursing. Nurses and care givers also enjoy flexibility and independence with their scheduling, training and benefits. Happy employees make happy customers!