As a reminder, MasterCard is adding new primary account BIN ranges 222100-272099 to be processed in the same manner as existing range 510000-559999. Merchants are encouraged to visit www.mastercard.us/2-series for additional information.
Merchants must be able to accept the new MasterCard BIN range in ALL payment acceptance channels.
- Merchants should be finalizing testing to ensure that all locations are able to accept the new ranges
- June 30, 2017 – MasterCard will implement a compliance process for merchants identified as not being able to support the new 2-Series BIN
- MasterCard will notify acquirers of any non-compliant merchants
- Merchants will be granted a ‘cure period’ to resolve the acceptance issue
- Merchants must demonstrate the acceptance issue is resolved by successfully processing a 2-Series BIN transaction from the identified acceptance location
- Merchants that have not resolved their acceptance issue by the end of the ‘cure period’ and are still deemed as not being able to support the new 2-Series BIN will be subject to non-compliance fines