Making iPhone credit card processing easy
Think accepting credit card payments with an iPhone sounds like a great idea for growing your business and expanding your customer base, but don’t know how to get started? Here we’ve outlined the factors to consider and features that might be worth having to get your business going with iPhone credit card processing.
What to consider to get started
Accepting credit card payments via your smartphone or other mobile device can be a great way to take your business on the road to new events, such as farmer’s markets or trade shows. Accepting iPhone credit card payments right in your store locations can help your sales team better serve your customers more quickly and efficiently on the sales floor. Some iPhone processing systems and applications are best for small, one-register operations, while others are great additions to full-service traditional merchant accounts.
There are many options when it comes to accepting payments using your mobile devices like the iPhone. There’s a long list of payments processors you could choose and various payments applications you could use—not to mention the variety of dongles and credit card reader attachments that are on the market today. Some processors offer their iPhone credit card reader and mobile app access for free if your company processes transactions totaling a minimum amount each month, such as $5,000.
What to know about fees
Before signing on the dotted line with an iPhone credit card processing provider, be sure to check if there’s a cancellation or early termination fee that will apply if and when you decide to part ways with the processor. Aim for a payments processor that offers an easy to understand pricing and fee structure so your company doesn’t get hit with unexpected charges at billing time.
Some processors offer multiple tiers based on your type of business and processing volume. Some service levels may incur only a per-transaction fee (a set percentage of the sale amount), while others may offer a lower per-transaction fee but incur a monthly service charge. Make sure you ask the right questions and partner with a processor who knows your industry and takes the time to get to know your specific needs so you get the best iPhone payment processing setup for your needs.
Benefits of accepting credit cards with iPhone
Some of the great benefits of accepting payments using a mobile device like an iPhone include:
- Secure processing systems that protect your customers’ data from end‑to‑end
- Accept EMV chip cards, traditional credit and debit cards and NFC and digital wallet payments
- Integrate with online marketplace to easily track inventory and sales
- Robust custom reporting to keep tabs on your business 24/7
- Quick access to full range of customer data to use in future marketing campaigns and promotions
- Send receipts instantly to your customers via SMS text message or email, saving you the cost of buying receipt paper and your customers the hassle of keeping track of paper records
- Integrate with QuickBooks or other accounting software to streamline bookkeeping
- Built-in online marketing tools to help you grow your business
- Access to online virtual terminal to alternately run transactions from a laptop or desktop computer, as needed
- Optional USB scanner for desktop computers to use on virtual terminal transactions