Watch your cafe bloom with secure merchant card services
Secure merchant card services can help your café bloom and grow through increased traffic and improved back-office efficiencies.
Keeping customers happy with multiple payment options
Even in the world of cafes and small-ticket sales, today’s consumers expect to be able to pay using a credit or debit card, or something more. And, increasingly, more consumers want to be able to pay using their smartphones or smart devices (such as an Apple Watch) for everyday purchases. Secure merchant card services can help your small business provide these options for your current customers, and can help you attract new customers.
The right merchant card services let your café accept the following payment types:
- Traditional magnetic stripe credit and debit cards
- EMV chip card credit and debit cards
- Mobile payments using smartphones or smart devices
- Other NFC (near-field communication) payment types
Having a point-of-sale (POS) terminal or system that accepts EMV chip cards is virtually a requirement these days, so you need to make sure the merchant services provider you select is up-to-date with that latest technology. Having a POS terminal that also accepts contactless payment types is another option you may want to consider. (And systems today updated for one are typically equipped with the other.) With these, your café customers can simply tap their payment device on your reader and they will be on their way. Your line times will decrease and you will keep your customers happy as they go speedily about their day.
Streamline your back-office processes
With secure merchant card services, you can streamline your back-office processes and decrease the amount of time you and your staff spend on administrative tasks. Here’s how:
- Reporting portal that provides on-demand access to detailed information about your sales, employees, inventory and more
- Instantaneous reconciliation between your various payment types (including cash) so you don’t have to enter information from one system into another, thus virtually eliminating the likelihood of clerical errors
- Deposits for your credit card sales automatically sent to your bank account via ACH within a predetermined amount of time (usually only a few business days) so you know when to expect your money
Grow your business
Use the analytics captured in your card processing to better understand your customers, their purchasing habits and the trends at your café. Armed with this information you’ll be able to make smarter decisions about staffing so you don’t over- or under-schedule employees during peak business times. This data can also help you effectively maintain your supply and ingredient inventory, so you have enough on-hand but not too much of perishable supplies, for example.
Many of today’s top merchant services provider can also help your café set up a loyalty program, which can help attract new customers and maintain your current customer base. Reward your customers for regularly frequently your café with free drinks or exclusive specials sent to their mobile device via SMS text message.
These are just a few of the ways that secure merchant card services can help your café business grow and thrive. Partner with a trusted merchant services provider that has experience with cafes to make sure your business can make the most of your card payment processing services.