The benefits of Apple Pay
Last year’s introduction of Apple Pay® as a mobile wallet certainly made a splash. The virtues of Apple Pay are perhaps most obvious when making payments at point-of-sale (POS) terminals. Holding an iPhone® 6 within proximity of a Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled terminal will create a connection between the terminal and the device. Once a valid thumbprint is registered via Touch IDTM, a payment can be made.
But how does Apple Pay work when shopping online? Here are the basics:
- Users enter their payment card information into Passbook®
- They then open an iOS app that supports Apple Pay and selects items for their shopping cart
- When checking out, the user selects the Apple Pay option
- Payment authentication occurs when a valid thumbprint is registered
- A buzz and beep indicate that the payment is complete
What are some of the benefits of accepting Apple Pay for in-app purchases? It can help:
- Streamline the checkout process
- Eliminate the need to type in payment or shipping info during the in-app checkout process
- Facilitate quick and secure payments through Touch ID’s fingerprint recognition feature
While Apple Pay might have the most obvious benefits when shopping at the POS, there are also benefits when shopping online. Contact us to learn more about what Apple Pay can mean for in-store and online payments.